- R+E Cycles Articles about Bicycles -
Below is a somewhat organized list of articles that I and some others have written over the years for our newsletter and for a few magazines. Keep in mind that these articles are published here as they appeared. Some articles were written several years ago. A lot of the specifications and prices that are referred to in these articles are out of date. I hope you enjoy the articles as much as we enjoyed writing them.
Bicycle Maintenance articles:
Some thoughts and opinions about the bike industry:
Tech Talk Articles:
- The History of Rodriguez Bicycle Company. Photos and stories from our nearly 40 years in Seattle.
- Our Long, Rich History in custom tandem building
- The New Bandito! The first ultra-light disc brake bike designed for use with wide tires!
- Four, Three, Two, One A highlight of a Rodriguez Rohloff tandem bicycle that can be ridden as a bicycle built for 4, 3, 2, or even 1.
- Rohloff for the Road ....and Gravel of course A highlight of a beautiful Rodriguez Rohloff bicycle with hydraulic disc brakes, belt drive, and a carbon fork.
- 2016, the year of the ultra-light tandems - Just a quick highlight on a really sweet tandem!
- Deja Vu - Owners of classic Rodriguez and Erickson bikes return to the road and "what's up with Angel and Glenn these days?"
- The Bike Rack is Back. Photos and a quick history of Seattle's first 'on-street' bicycle parking area
- Team Crest and Rodriguez Bicycles. After more than 20 years, Dennis has the opportunity to repair a world class race frame that he built for Team Huffy - Crest.
- The Perfect Blend. Steel, the perfect bicycle frame material
- You Must be Mr. Rodriguez? Find out who owns R+E Cycles
- Another Convert. The Amazing power of STEEL
- Commit to Commute. Selecting the right bike for commuting
- Where's the Beef? Why are other manufacturers skimping on the parts that count?
- Rare Birds. An article about some of the ingenious characters in the our industry
- Fit=Comfort=Performance. An article about the history of fitting bicycles to their owners
- I Tried a Tri. Amber writes about her first triathlon
- Weight Watchers, a Comparison. A small article I wrote after weighing an expensive frame that came in to our repair shop
- Rising to a New Challenge. An article about the new method of manufacturing that we developed in 2006
- The Tandevangelist. An article I wrote for the Evergreen Tandem Club's newsletter about getting your friends into tandem riding
- Dan's First Custom Bike. An article I wrote when an old picture my mom sent me sparked a forgotten memory
- How to shop for a tandem. An article I wrote last century.
- How to get started on a tandem. Another article we wrote last century showing our technique for getting started on a tandem.
- Is the Grass Always Greener? An article about buying local if you live in the Northwest
- If I Could Read Your Mind. An article I wrote for a magazine in the early days of news groups
- Sizing bicycles for women. A blurb from a newsletter about the things women have put up with when it comes to bikes.
Current Wait Times:
Custom Bike - 6~8 weeks
Bike Repair - 1 week